We are all striving to become a better version of ourselves but I have a question for you: are you trying to be a better person to make your future great or just to impress people??
The only person you should try and be better than is the person you were yesterday- unknown
- Learn something new everyday: this will make you develop intellectually and you will develop a sense of deeper understanding about a broad range of issues.
- Always be polite: good manners are essential when you’re trying to be a better person, you have to be polite to everyone no matter what age or gender.
Be kind wherever possible. It’s always possible- Dalai Lama
- Learn to appreciate: appreciation is key because when you say ‘thank you’ people would love to do more for you.
- Compliment yourself: you are your best friend and also your worst enemy. Your thoughts affects your life either positively or negatively. If you compliment yourself, your self esteem would sky rocket. In this same sense, you should encourage yourself too
- Learn to forgive: Forgiveness can be a difficult thing to do sometimes but just let that grudge go and be a happier person and just be free instead of dealing with the agony and guilt of not forgiving.
- Be honest: The truth is that for anyone to be successful in this life, you have to be honest both to yourself and the people around you. Deceit can’t take you very far and it leads to shame in the end.
Honesty is the best policy- Benjamin Franklin
- Be yourself: how can you be a better version of yourself when you are not even yourself? Being yourself is very vital because we are all unique in our different ways. Just be yourself.
- Be open to change: change is natural thing we all experience. Change brings new successes and new challenges but what happens if we can’t cope with the change? We just don’t grow and achieve a lot in life. Simple! Therefore be open to changes.
Don’t be afraid of change, its leading you to a new beginning.- Unknown
- Find a role model: role models(positive ones) will motivate you every single day because you will see them succeeding and that will motivate you to be a better person.
- Face your fears: nothing in this world beats the feeling of you conquering your fears. You will feel fulfilled, happy and like you can take on the world. We all need to experience these feelings once in a while. These would make us feel like a better person because we can now do what we were scared of.
- Set goals: SMART goal setting can be used to set goals. This means that your goals should be Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Realistic and Time bound. These will ensure that your goals are achievable and you’re not just wasting your time.
Thank you so much for reading, make sure you’re subscribed so you don’t miss exciting posts every Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. Have a great week and remember to smile☺